Repair Technician - New York, New York in New York City, New York
Under the direction of and reporting to the Factory Service Center Branch Manager, the primary duty of the Repair Technician/Shipping Coordinator will be to perform shipping and receiving responsibilities and repair and/or service work of Milwaukee products in accordance with prescribed procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
Shipping / Receiving:
- Perform a variety of shipping and receiving duties in accordance with prescribed procedures.
- Receive and record units, parts and accessories ordered or returned for repair, service and/or stock.
- Visually inspect goods received and route for storage, repair and/or service.
- Fill and pack orders and repairs for shipment to customers; prepare shipping documents and determine shipping charges.
- Load and unload trucks and operate material handling equipment.
Service / Repair:
- Work involves disassembly of units, diagnosis of operating difficulty, location and replacement of worn or defective parts within times in accordance with work instructions.
- Perform prescribed inspections and make decisions as to feasibility of repairs.
- Keep records of parts used and provide data for billing and/or warranty information.
- Recognize and report operational irregularities and defective materials.
- Set-up and perform electrical and mechanical tests to insure product's repair and/or work performed is in conformance with prescribed quality standards.
- Work from parts sheets, specifications and drawings.
- Assist with sales and service counter duties; draw parts from stock as needed to service counter trade; maintain monetary transactions; record maintenance and assist with inventories as required.
- Assist in performing counter procedures including answering phones, placing orders, logging in tools, and assisting walk-in customer traffic.
- Responsible for quality of work, safety and housekeeping in area assigned.
- Perform miscellaneous tasks as directed.
- Requires an education equivalent to high school diploma or GED.
- One to two years of previous experience in electrical and/or mechanical repair is preferred.
- Experience of two to three years in a customer service position is preferred.
- At least one year experience in a similar position to become familiar with shipping, receiving, and counter procedures is preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to maneuver heavy material, weighing up to 300 lbs.
- Must possess effective business communication skills and ability to understand local branch market.
- Must be proficient in computer skills and Microsoft Office applications.