As an Engineer for Milwaukee you will be located at our Corporate & Global Design Headquarter in Brookfield, WI. You will work in a fast-paced environment to innovate new products as a member of a cross-functional team. One of the most rewarding aspects of the job is seeing a product you designed from concept to production in the hands of professionals.
Domestic and international travel opportunities are available and sometimes required. In the US, Milwaukee has manufacturing locations in Mississippi. Overseas, you will have the opportunity to work with Chinese engineering counterparts as well as meet with suppliers in other areas of Asia.
Milwaukee offers generous benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance and 401k matching. Milwaukee also provides an excellent working environment that includes an on-site cafeteria, state of the art fitness facility, recreational sports leagues and company outings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create test regimens for components and assemblies within scope of the project and organization.
- Track projects to ensure adherence to schedule and the Milwaukee process.
- Schedule, develop agendas for, facilitate and document technical meetings and formal presentations.
- Draw concise, logical, written conclusions from experiments based on data analysis.
- Develop and maintain familiarity and understanding of Milwaukee's development and manufacturing processes.
- Work with and establish trusting relationships with engineers throughout Asia and the world.
- Design, prototype, test and troubleshoot embedded electronics including hardware and firmware.
- Use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, e-loads and data acquisition systems.
- Design to and qualify new designs to applicable regulatory standards such as UL, CEC, CE and ANSI.
- Provide engineering support on low to mid-level complexity projects.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field.
- Continuously developing electrical aptitude is required including a broad knowledge of embedded systems, printed circuit boards and power electronics. Excellent problem solving skills and a hands-on attitude.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time is required (travel includes Domestic and International).
- Understanding of C programming, especially relating to microcontroller peripherals and related development tools and processes preferred
- Knowledge of analog and digital system tradeoffs and design, especially related to signal integrity is preferred.
- Familiarity with using schematic capture, PCB layout software, SPICE and knowledge of industry best practices.
- High interest in tools of the trade.