Under the direction of the Materials Manager, this position is responsible for the day-to-day cycle counting activities. These activities include comparison of plant perpetual inventory, and the scrutinizing, reconciling and recording of inventory counts in the Imperial Blades ERP system, as well as timely reporting to ensure the quality and integrity of on hand inventories.
Due to the nature of this position, interaction with all departments throughout the organization is common; performs work in both an office and manufacturing environment.
This job description lists major areas of responsibility and additional job activities may be added at any time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs daily cycle counts, investigates, researches and reconciles variances, and updates the Imperial Blades ERP system with findings
- Maintains organization of the production floor inventory and all overflow location inventory
- Identifies and initiates corrective action to resolve issues identified
- Prepares monthly inventory reports that reflect cycle counting results
- Works independently with minimal supervision to ensure tasks are completed on time
- Personal development to include continuously updating skills related to inventory control best practices
- Education and Experience
- High School diploma (or equivalent) and 1+ years of related work experience required
- Must have an above average understanding of the impact of inventory transactions as it relates to production and finance and have a strong attention-to-detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of inventory control, management and best practices
- Strong analytical skills required in addition to verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient math skills including adding, subtracting, multiply, and dividing decimals
- NetSuite ERP system experience and forklift certified preferred