The primary duty of this position is to manage the operations within a factory metrology lab, including production inspection data reporting, gauge & equipment calibration scheduling, programming of CMM & VMM equipment as well the design, build and qualification of new inspection fixtures and gages.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support production through in-process and outgoing inspection reporting.
- Program and operate Zeiss CMM and Micro-Vu VMM for production level inspections on new products in a start up factory.
- Manage production data through a quality management system and SPC system.
- Design, build and qualify production inspection fixtures and gauges for current and new products
- Interpret drawings featuring Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) per ASME Y14.5 to identify product inspection requirements.
- Document, and edit programs utilized in metrology labs such as CALYPSO, Polyworks, Micro-Vu Inspec, etc. and serves as technical expert for metrology inspection.
- Develops new inspection techniques as required.
- Participates in design reviews with cross-functional teams to ensure that conformance to specifications, Design for inspection, reliability, and quality system objectives are met.
- Work from written or verbal instructions, detailed engineering drawings, and 3D models to establish inspection criteria and measurement implementation.
- Maintains adequate training in metrology disciplines to ensure capability to lead team and train others as needed.
- Management of Inspection and Metrology Programs
- Calibration Standards and Maintenance of Calibration System
- Measurement Standards and Procedures Development and Maintenance
- Perform metallurgy inspections for surface and micro hardness of various tools.
- Metrology Lab Certification and Audit Programs
- College or Technical degree in a field related to Engineering or Science
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in Metrology Lab Environment
- Proficient in set-up and operation of inspection equipment
- Proficient in Gauge R&R and test method validation
- Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) per ASME Y14.5