Quality/Reliability Engineer in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and have an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
All our teams touch every step of the process, that is why our Project teams are some of the key contributors to our continuous innovations. The fast-paced, agile environment continuously delivers disruptive technologies by providing every team with the resources needed to excel and working directly with End Users to understand how to deliver heavy duty products with high performance. We create Best in Class products by leveraging advanced analysis fabrics, extensive testing regimes, state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and cross-functional agility. To learn more about the Milwaukee story and our company click HERE.
The Quality/Reliability Engineer's primary duties are to utilize engineering skills to contribute to the development and qualification of new products. The Quality/Reliability Engineer is a member of the New Product Development Team reporting to the Reliability / Quality Team Lead. Throughout a product's development cycle, this position requires cross-functional communication skills and analytical expertise to help launch new and exciting solutions that meet user needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review new product designs and engineering changes with respect to product reliability, user requirements and warranty information
- Identify "critical to quality" (CtQ) user need requirements on mechanical and electrical design features
- Track multiple projects simultaneously to ensure adherence to schedule and the Milwaukee Tool process
- Participate and collaborate on project teams involving Marketing and Engineering leading in all aspects of reliability and testing
- Develop test plans and procedures based on new or established products, to ensure product meets customer requirements
- Collaborate with test laboratories to ensure full test completion and best practices are utilized
- Report and present product information utilizing statistical techniques such as Weibull analysis, reliability distributions and matrices
- Draw concise, logical, written conclusions from experiments based on data analysis
- Ensure timely failure reporting, root cause analysis and effective corrective/preventative actions (FRACA)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or educational equivalent
- Previous experience with Design of Experiments, Life data analysis, and other related statistical tools and software (i.e. Minitab, Reliasoft)
- Written and verbal communication skills and creative problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to travel 10% of the time is required (travel includes Domestic and International)
- Preferred: The ability and desire to achieve ASQ Reliability Engineering Certification (ASQ-CRE)
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.