IT Manager Infrastructure (Network / Telephony) in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Reporting to the Sr. Manager IT Infrastructure, the IT Manager Infrastructure (Network/Telephony) supports Milwaukee Tool's networking and telephony infrastructure including associated services. Contributes to the overall positive disposition of the IT Services department and Milwaukee Tool. This role consists of leading a group skilled IT network engineers, administrative network support tasks, assisting with enterprise project management, and partnering with the business to enable the use of technology for Milwaukee Tool.
This is a hands-on role; the manager is responsible for all technical aspects related to the role, as well as leading the team to meet business requirements.
- Provide support for enterprise systems including but not limited to:
- Cisco, Juniper, Aruba, and Palo Alto network infrastructure
- Network Monitoring and Alerting
- AudioCodes and Microsoft Teams cloud PBX
- Hardware Implementation and support for network and telephony, both local and remote.
- Utilize monitoring and performance tools to identify and resolve infrastructure needs.
- Create and maintain network documentation.
- Provide end user support and resolution for network, telephony, and other systems issues.
- Possible travel to assist and support projects at remote locations.
- Partner with management to Identify process performance opportunities, collaborate with required stakeholders to identify and implement process changes or system capabilities/enhancements to improve process performance.
- Provide coaching and feedback to team members.
- Organize and prioritize support and enhancement requests for the team.
- Lead infrastructure IT projects, including the design and deployment of new IT systems and services.
- Help define IT infrastructure strategy, architecture, and processes.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues related to storage, compute, cloud, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Liberal Arts or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience designing, implementing and supporting infrastructure systems.
- Minimum 2 years leading a team of infrastructure engineers.
- CCIE, CCNP, JNCIE, JNCIP, or equivalent a plus.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow standard operating procedures.
- Understanding of networking and telephony technologies, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SIP, etc.
- Basic understanding of AAA platforms such as Radius and/or TACACS.
- Hands on experience in many of the following:
- Cisco, Juniper, and Aruba configuration.
- MPLS, BGP, OSPF, RSTP,
- Solarwinds Orion
- Wireshark packet captures and analysis
- Network performance analysis.
- Occasional lifting of equipment, supplies and materials.