Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
All our teams touch every step of the process, that is why our Engineering teams are some of the key contributors to our continuous innovations. The fast-paced, agile environment continuously delivers disruptive technologies by providing every team with the resources needed to excel and working directly with End Users to understand how to deliver heavy duty products with high performance. We create Best in Class products by leveraging advanced analysis tools, extensive testing regimes, state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and cross-functional agility. To learn more about the Milwaukee story and our company click HERE.
To be successful as a Tool and Die Maker, you should demonstrate superb attention to detail and able to manage your time efficiently. Outstanding Engineers should be deadline-driven, meticulous, and consistently produce high quality work. This position is excellent for anyone with exceptional technical expertise and positive, team- oriented attitude looking to work for a company they can grow and hone their skills.
- Set-up presses of various types to include hydraulic, servo, and mechanical.
- Operate and set-up ancillary press equipment, straighteners, feeders, de-coilers, and conveyors.
- Use sketches, blueprints, specifications and modes to plan for the fabrication of dies, tools and assemblies, ensuring safety and maximum efficiency.
- Verify dimensions of finished parts to ensure they conform to specifications utilizing appropriate tools. (Dial calipers, gauge blocks, and dial indicators, and micrometers)
- Utilize hand and machine tools to assemble parts of tools and dies and to repair and modify gauges, jigs, and dies.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems and perform repairs on tools, and progressive dies.
- Set-up and operate toolroom equipment such as Knee mill, lathe and grinders.
- Communication both verbal and written is required.
- Microsoft Office suite
- Mechanical Aptitude.
- Willingness to work long hours and available to be on call.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge and operating press controls.
- Knowledge of straighteners and feeders as well as ancillary press equipment.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lift-up to 50 pounds repetitively.Must be able to stand for shift durations.
- Design experience a plus.WEDM, CNC, and CAM programming experience a plus.
- Journeyman Tool and Die Maker or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with AutoCad and Solidworks experience.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in tool and die making
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with AutoCad and Solidworks.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.