Senior Concept Electrical Engineer in Brookfield, Wisconsin
The Concept Senior Electrical Engineering position is part of the leading edge of discovery and new product innovation.
If you're an inventor, a dreamer, a maker, and have an unparalleled passion to create new and interesting solutions to address user needs, and you have an extensive portfolio of consumer products you've designed and developed, we want you to work for us.
Our Concept Engineers are hands-on, creative spirits that can see past perceived barriers and use that mentality to uncover new ways of thinking to solve challenging user needs and technical hurdles. As part of a cross-functional team composed of equally motivated Design Researchers, Industrial Designers, and other Concept Engineers, you will work to uncover unmet user needs, ideate creative ways to solve the unmet needs, and act as the technical expert in the creation and execution of the ideas into concepts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ideate, Evaluate and develop new technologies for use in power tool applications.
- Design and build quick prototypes that drive marketing and project leaders in their product feature decision process.
- Draw concise, logical, written conclusions from experiments based on data analysis.
- Identify performance and cost tradeoffs of competing electronic design solutions.
- Track projects to ensure adherence to schedule and the Milwaukee process.
- Schedule, develop agendas for, facilitate and document technical meetings and formal presentations.
- Help lead mechanical designers in best placement of wire routing and electrical boards.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in related design field.
- Excellent problem solving skills and a hands-on attitude.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel and Power Point.
- Proficient in C programming, especially relating to microcontroller peripherals and related development tools and processes.
- Ability to analyze existing and new designs and then propose improved solutions.
- Good understanding of analog and digital system tradeoffs and design.
- Experience with using schematic capture, PCB layout software, SPICE and knowledge of industry best practices.