Engineering Manager - Prototype Electronics in Brookfield, Wisconsin
The Engineering Manager fills a critical leadership role in charge of Milwaukee Tool's PCB design and assembly teams, Electronics Laboratory, and the lab technician team that supports product design verification.
As an Engineering Manager for Milwaukee Tool, you will be located at our Corporate & Global Design headquarters in Brookfield, Wisconsin, and be part of a rapidly growing company. You will work in a fast-paced environment to innovate new products as a member of a cross-functional team. Milwaukee Tool offers generous benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401k matching, as well as providing an excellent working environment that includes an on-site cafeteria, state of the art fitness facility, recreational sports leagues, and company outings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and develop direct reports to perform at a high level of execution and agility, including the technical supervisors from the PCB Layout, PCB Assembly, and Test Technician teams.
- Drive continuous improvement into the core functions of PCB Layout and Design, Prototype Construction, and Product Verification testing.
- Own the operation and performance of the Electrical Engineering product development lab ensuring that it meets the needs of fast-paced engineering teams across multiple business groups.
- Maintain a high level of efficiency and capability of the Electronics Laboratory through annual submission of capital expenditure requests for equipment and facility expansion.
- Effectively communicate laboratory performance levels, and capabilities to Engineering team leads and upper management.
- Install best practices such as 5S to promote excellent levels of testing quality, speed, and personnel safety in the lab.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in an engineering field.
- 5+ years recent experience in a management role with direct reports.
- 5+ year of experience with a variety of equipment and methods used in the verification testing of electronics such as oscilloscopes, thermal chambers, dynamometers, ESD testers, data acquisition systems, and automated test.
- Clear understanding through practical experience of PCB Design Flow, PCB fabrication, and PCB assembly of surface mount electronics.
- Confident interpersonal skills with successful track record of interacting with cross functional teams at different levels.
- Strong understanding of the role of an electronics laboratory in a product development environment, ideally through practical first-hand knowledge as a development or test engineer.
- Professional experience performing PCB Layout with professional level CAD software like Altium Designer.
- Direct experience with high mix, low volume surface mount manufacturing typical of rapid prototype production lines.