Milwaukee Tool, an industry-leading manufacturer of heavy-duty power tools, accessories and hand tools for professional users worldwide, is looking for a Data Architect to fill a critical role within our IT organization.
The Data Architect will be responsible for defining and designing Milwaukee Tool's enterprise data management framework. You will have an opportunity to apply your knowledge of business and deep technical skills to complex cross-functional projects in Milwaukee Tool's fast-paced environment.
- Plays a key role in the definition and execution of the enterprise data strategy and data roadmap
- Defines reference architecture, ensures patterns are documented and communicated
- Defines data flows, identifies the most suitable sources for required data that is fit for purpose, referring to external sources as required
- Creates Conceptual data models and reviews Logical, Physical and Canonical data models working collaboratively with other architects and data engineers
- Maintain and refine data modeling standards, best practices, and guidelines
- Develops proof-of-concepts to validate new architectures and solutions
- Remains current with emerging technologies and industry best practices; guides others on major strategies and methodologies.
- Build cross-functional relationships to understand data needs and enable solution delivery
- Participates and is an advocate as the enterprise moves to next generation data tools, processes, and frameworks
- 7 years or more of progressive experience in data modeling, integration and visualization, participation in solution architecture
- Experience with enterprise data management solutions and platforms in the areas of MDM, Data Quality Management, Data Governance, Metadata Management, ETL, Data Warehouse and data lakes
- Exposure to Multi-Cloud and Cloud environments (especially Azure) -- experience with developing Cloud Data Strategies, Best Practices and Standards
- Experience with modern data pipelines, data streaming, and using real time analytics tools
- Collaborates with all Data and Analytics Architects & Engineers to identify architectural gaps within the Data and Analytics space
- Experience working on vendor evaluations, vendor Proof of Concept (POC) definition and engagement, and vendor selection process
- Prior experience in retail and/or manufacturing industries, specifically dealing with platforms such as Oracle ERP, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, and SAP Hybris is a plus
- Contribute to a culture of innovation, continuous improvement, and operational excellence.
- Solid communicator -- verbal, oral and presentation skills; able to present highly technical subject matter across a variety of stakeholder levels
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Self-driven with the ability to work in a self-guided manner
- Firm believer of data driven decision making
- Great organization skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Able to deal with/work through ambiguity and adaptable to decisions made quickly by peers